Steps for a Successful Porsche Club Tour.
Here are some suggestions for planning a tour. By Bob Vose
- Decide if you are going to visit a location as the main idea behind your tour, or if you are planning more of a driving tour. Some people like each.
- If you are going to visit a site (Car collection, Casio, museum, other) get a contact at the site.
- ASK FOR THINGS. Ask if there is parking for our cars, discounts for tickets or food. Set up Hotel rooms and get discounts on rooms if possible.
- Decide on a date. Review the club calendar to see if that date is available. Send an email to the club President, to have him/or her put your tour on the club calendar.
- Do a pre-drive of the tour route if possible, checking time and distances to make sure you have a good plan.
- Remember to pick a good meeting location at the start of the tour. Parking and traffic would be something to consider.
- Have a good end point for the tour. Someplace where everyone can congregate and say their goodbyes.
- Have your Contact person and phone number, as well as email so Club members can call and ask questions about the tour. This should be on a flyer.
- Design a good flyer. Have all needed information like date, time meeting location and planned stops. Also put the type of tour you will be having, Normal or Spirited. Have the club President provide you with a MotorsportReg.com event link to put on your flyer so people can sign up.
- Document in the flyer any and all other costs for the tour, such as pay parking, entry fees, meals, tolls, etc.
- Have the Club President review your flyer and have him/her post it onto MotorsportReg.com for people to sign up for your tour. This will give you a sheet that includes Name of member, Email address, of the members that will be on the tour.
- Have a good set of driving directions or a driving map for each car. If people get lost they will know which direction to travel and rejoin the tour.
- Do a pre-tour drivers meeting. Take the time to discuss the tour, roads, condition’s and answer any questions from the members. Remember “Safety First” we do not need to have any problems.
- Plan your tour with breaks to relax and go to the bathroom, and area we can stop to regroup the cars.
- Take pictures along the way so you will remember the great time you and club members had driving these great cars.
After the tour, send your photos to the Webmeister@Riversidepca.com for inclusion in the Club photo gallery.