Hello Riverside Region:
Last Sunday, Barbara and Bob Vose hosted another one of their wonderful tours to the Oasis Camel Dairy in Ramona, which included a spectacular multi-mountain drive for about a dozen Porsches through the hills surrounding Mount Palomar and a stop for lunch in Julian. Tom Brown, our Zone 8 Representative, joined us, as well as a few of our Member’s children/grandchildren, who were anxious to see the camels.
Our monthly Breakfast Social Meeting is Saturday, November 1 at 8AM for tire-kicking, with sit-down at 8:30AM, at Gramma’s in Banning.
- We will be providing you with information on the Rennsport Reunion V that will be held at Laguna Seca in Monterey, CA next October.
- Barbara Vose will be discussing our Santa Run Tour scheduled for Sunday, December 7, and members interested in participating will be drawing student names for their Holiday gifts.
Robert Velez will provide more details about the RsR Installation and Awards Banquet that will be held on Saturday, January 10, 2015.
After Breakfast, Morgan and Sandi Knechtel will lead a tour through Box Canyon to the General Patton Museum in Chiriaco Summit. Registration for the Tour is on MotorsportReg.com using our event link www.msreg.com/PattonMuseum.
o Pictures of our Porsches will be taken in front of the statue of General George Patton, so that the Museum can feature our Tour on their Website
o Some highlights of the Tour include:
- Drive thru Box Canyon: narrow steep-walled canyons wind throughout the Mecca Hills wilderness, making this one of the most unusual geological sites of its kind in the world
- Tour of the Museum Lots of WW2 and Patton collectibles
- Video of Patton’s accomplishments, which contributed to the success of the U.S. in North Africa and Germany
- Tank Yard A, which includes Patton M47, Patton M60 and Sherman M4 tanks
On Tuesday evening, November 4, Chris Lewis will be hosting another German Night Dinner Social at the Grand Oak Restaurant in Cherry Valley. The food is fabulous and registration is on MotorsportReg.com using our event link www.msreg.com/GermanDinner2.
Then on Saturday, November 15, Desert Performance Motorsports and MasterShield will be hosting a Breakfast and Tech Session at 9AM at the DPM shop. This event is for Riverside Region Members. Please RSVP at 760-360-2000 by November 13, if you plan to attend.
Keep the shiny side up,